Uncle Marty’s Shipping Office offers secure semester and break storage to Cornell University and Ithaca College students, and anyone else who may need something stored. Our flat rate pricing is easy to understand so there are no surprises or hidden fees. As a locally-owned small business with a trusted staff and an accessible year-round Collegetown location, we consistently strive to do our best and maintain our five-star reputation.
|Regular items |
(0-70 pounds, self-contained in a box, bin, or suitcase, and carriable by one person)
|$15 per month|
(70+ pounds and/or requires two or more people to carry)
|$30 per month|
|Irregular or unpacked items|
(unpackaged and/or non-stackable items, like a bike, mattress, futon frame, etc.)
|$5 extra per item, per month|
|Temperature controlled fee|
(upon request only)
|$5 extra per item, per month|
|Local curbside pickup or delivery|
(includes items that are packed and ready at a curbside loading area at the scheduled time)
15-minute appointment for up to 10 items; $2.50 per each additional item
|Local inside pickup or delivery |
(includes items that are packed and ready at the scheduled time from a ground floor room, or in a building with an elevator; not available for walk-up apartments or buildings with stairs)
|$50 for |
15-minute appointment for up to 10 items; $5 per each additional item
We sell over 60 sizes of boxes, so stop in and pick out whatever you need to get your stuff packed up. We are mindful of sustainability and encourage you to reuse boxes you might already have, or store your stuff in plastic bins or suitcases.
You’re welcome to borrow a cart to make getting your stuff to us easier. We accept storage at our store any time during business hours, with no appointment needed.
If you’re not able to get your items to or from our store yourself, we offer local pickup and delivery service. Please schedule pickups and deliveries at least a few days in advance as last minute pickups or deliveries may not be possible during our busy times. If your items aren’t packed and ready at the time of your appointment, we may have to cancel and/or charge for extra appointment times if we have to wait.
When your storage term is up, give us a heads up a few days ahead of time so we can retrieve them from our storage facility and have them ready for you to pick up at our store (or schedule a local curbside delivery, if needed). If you’re not returning to Ithaca, we can always ship your storage items to you anywhere in the world.
- “Items” are defined as any single thing that is self-contained and easily carried by one individual, such as a box, suitcase, bin, bike, mini-fridge, or chair. Fragile things (TVs, vacuums, etc.) must be packed securely in containers before being stored.
- Please do not store liquids, food, perishables, or anything flammable, combustible, or caustic. For more information on what is prohibited in storage, as well as liability, please see our terms and conditions.
- Storage terms are prepaid. After 30 days of non-payment, stored items will be considered abandoned and consequently disposed of.
- Multiple boxes or things that are strapped together cannot be accepted as a single item. Please separate them and store them individually, or put them together inside a larger carton.
- Pickups and deliveries must be scheduled in advance. For curbside service, please be ready at your scheduled time at a loading area to avoid pickup or delivery cancellation.
- There is a one-month minimum storage term (meaning we must charge for at least one month, even if you’re just storing for a week or two).
- Please defrost and clean out any mini-fridges in advance so they’re dry when entering storage; if so, the mini-fridge can be accepted and is generally considered a regular item if under 70 pounds.
- Please read the storage section of our terms and conditions thoroughly.